Monday, November 14, 2016

How to Shorten a Dress Without Sewing

 photo j.jill-3_zps4vcvmw6u.jpg  photo j.jill-10_zpsxoxekavc.jpg  photo j.jill-9_zpsbcsyhwln.jpg

At a whopping five foot three (and 3/4's!), my torso is on the shorter side. This comes in handy when I want to wear a romper or jumpsuit (anyone else notice those are only made from shot torsos?!), but not so much when I want to wear a tunic or a knee-legnth dress. As you already know, Kaitlyn and I swap a lot, but what is a perfect fit on her is not always a perfect fit on me. For this I use an easy fix for shortening a dress without sewing, a belt! 

OK, I realize I am not reinventing the wheel here, but by realizing this simple trick you really can get more out of your wardrobe. Prior to belting this beauty, it was below my knees. Not the best length for my body type to be honest. By adding this gorgeous tassel belt and pulling the material up over it, the dress quickly took on a new look and shape. Which was better for my shape. ;)

 photo j.jill-6_zpslcc4iyuc.jpg  photo j.jill-4_zpsa5aatxcm.jpg  photo j.jill-11_zpsd8hwgy6l.jpg  photo j.jill-12_zpsnqcq9cgi.jpg  photo j.jill-7_zps9craxzka.jpg
Dress: c/o J.Jill // Jacket: Sheinside (similar) // Boots & Sunglasses: c/o Sole Society // Necklace: Baublebar // Bag: JustFab // Belt: B-Low the Belt via Box of Style // Ring: Vintage // Lip Color: gloMinerals-Sorbet

Do you ever belt a dress to shorten it? What are your favorite no sew hacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment