Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Neutral Maxi Dress for Spring


At almost 20 weeks pregnant, loose dresses and tops in lightweight fabrics are my jam. Maintaining my comfort level is becoming more of a priority each week but on the same note, it's still important to me to wear things that give me confidence and make me feel like myself and this J. Jill Tencel Maxi accomplishes all of the above. We've rambled on about our love for tencel material before so I'll save you another speech but please know, slipping this dress on is the equivalent to wearing your coziest pj's. The high-mock turtleneck is great for that midway March point on the calendar (when there's still a chance of snow on a regular basis) but with it being a sleeveless maxi accompanied by a defined slit in the back, it's got Spring vibes all geared up and ready to go.

 
SHOP THE LOOK:



I also wanted to share the story behind this bracelet - It was a Christmas gift from my girlfriend and upon opening it, I thought it was beautiful and unique but wasn't sure what it meant. After a little research, I was extremely touched by the backstory. It's from Branded Collective, a company who employs survivors of human trafficking from a Nashville-based non-profit, End Slavery Tennessee. Branded is an economic empowerment jobs program where the women collaborate with local artisans to design and handcraft the jewelry collection. 

Many victims of human trafficking are branded; their captors physically mark them with a number or symbol so each of these pieces contains a unique number that represents one of the millions trapped in the nightmare of trafficking. I love supporting companies who are making a difference - These pieces have a humanitarian component that's both beautiful and philanthropic so it is an honor to wear these numbers.





Wearing:

Maxi dress: c/o J. Jill
Jacket: Kut from the Kloth
Bag: Just Fab (old but I LOVE this weekender style!)
Booties: Just Fab (similar)
Bracelet: Branded Collective
Necklace: c/o Park Lane Jewelry
Belt: Old Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment