Thursday, March 9, 2017

Rocked it & Swapped it


It was love at first sight for both of us with this gorgeous embroidered jacket from Style & CoEmbroidery is something that has been around a very long time. In fact, it can be traced all the way back to the Iron Age of human civilization. It is believed that it was the Chinese during the Zhou Dynasty (around 1045 BC) that are credited for the more modern embroidery techniques that we see today. To the Chinese, embroidery was considered a sign of power, wealth, and rank. They would use the embroidered designs on clothing in a way that each symbol had a different meaning. In today's fashion, I think embroidery is more about being playful and fun with your style. Plus, this season it's a whole lot of red embroidered flowers....which I love and think is quite beautiful. 

When Kaitlyn styled her jacket, she paired it with a striped dress, floral flats, and a red lip. She finished her look off with a brown cross body bag and black sunglasses. I love a great neutral mixing outfit with pops of red! When I wore the jacket, I too opted to add another piece of floral to my look. The strap on my bag is also embroidered, so it just made sense to me to mix these two items in one outfit. Add to that the red of my shoes and lips, some flare overalls, and a black sweater, and I was good to go. Dressed up or dressed down, this jacket has the perfect amount of extra detail to give your look something special. 

What do you think of the embroidered trend that is back again this year? Are you loving this jacket as much as we do? It is on super sale right now, so get yours before they sell out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment