Monday, March 6, 2017

Recipe: Matcha Latte

My all time favorite mid-day drink is a warm, sweet matcha latte. It's the perfect amount of caffeine to get me through the rest of my day, not to mention I am in love with the flavor. I always get a lot of questions about how to make them, so at the bottom of the post I will answer my most asked questions. I hope this post helps! 


What You Will Need:

-Milk frother, tea pot, or microwave (in that order)
-Small bamboo wisk
-Small mixing bowl
-Bamboo teaspoon
-Organic Matcha Tea Powder
-Organic Coconut Milk, Almond Milk, or milk of choice
-Honey (local or raw), organic maple syrup, agave nectar, or stevia


How to Make it: 

-Heat up coconut milk.
-Add 1 teaspoon matcha tea powder to a small amount of your choice milk in the small bowl. 
-Using the bamboo wish, whisk quickly making a thick paste. 
-Pour remaining hot milk into the paste and stir with the whisk. Add 1 teaspoon of honey at this point and give a few more stirs to the mixture. 
-Pour into a mug and enjoy! 



SHOP THE POST:




OK, here are questions I get a lot on my snapchat (@StilettosAndDB) and IG stories (@Sistersmarie):

If I don't have a milk frother, can I still make matcha lattes at home? Yes! I don't have one either. I use a ceramic tea pot and heat my milk of choice on my stove top. I have even gone as far to heat a cup of warm milk in the microwave and you know what? It tasted great! 

Can I use any milk? Yes! My first choice is coconut, but I love me an almond milk matcha latte too. You can even use 2% or whole milk if you want. 

Do I have to use a sweetener? No. You don't have to do anything you don't want to. ;) But I just love adding local honey to mine. It's all about your tastes and what makes you and your tastebuds happy. 

Why do you drink them in the afternoon and not the morning? OK, I get asked this a lot. I am a one cup of (dark roast) coffee-a-day kind of a girl. In the morning I need a strong cup of Joe, matcha does contain caffeine, but not as much a coffee. I know a lot of people who love it first thing in the morning. Again, it's all about your tastes. 

Is matcha stronger then regular green tea? Yes. Matcha powder is very concentrated so it is equivalent to drinking 1/2 cup of black coffee. 

Are you a fan of green tea lattes? Do you have any other matcha latte questions you want me to answer? Let's chat in the comments section below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment