Monday, July 17, 2017

Baby Shower Style | ASOS Maternity Dress


A pancake station ✔️ 
Baby succulents ✔️ 
A "Mom-osa" bar ✔️ 
A carriage made of cupcakes ✔️

...These are a few of my favorite things 

I must say, the gracious hosts of our baby shower (all 7 of them!) didn't miss a beat in personalizing the day just for us and our growing Family. I remember how early my Mom started plotting ideas for shower day...We shared the big news with our parents in December and a few weeks after Christmas, she was already making folders with ideas and inspiration. A few months later, she hosted the rest of the ladies in my Family at her house for an Italian dinner while they narrowed down options and delegated different tasks to be completed. All along, my Mom made sure everything was kept secret from us because she wanted all of the touches to be a surprise and more than that, didn’t want us having to think about anything since there was already so much on our plates. I’ve been involved in planning multiple different showers (baby and wedding) so I know how much work they are and I can't thank them enough for their time and efforts.

The shower was a few weeks ago and we are still overwhelmed with the love we were shown that day. There was so much joy and happiness spilling out of every little moment and we feel so blessed that our little man is already so loved. P.S. You should have seen our faces once we got all of the gifts into our house...oh my God. I just kept saying, babies CANNOT need this much stuff (though I'm told we'll be surprised how much of it we actually do use). We put everything in the dining room until we were ready to start going through it (many days later) and then napped on the couch for hours, the dog included. A tiring day for us all!

Here are few shots of my favorite details:

party favor succulents found here

cupcake carriage by smallcakes 

"mom-osa" station


As for the dress, I considered quite a few – I basically kept my eye on the rotating maternity styles at ASOS for a few months and closer to shower day, I ordered a few different ones. I was obsessed with this style online – It was out of stock for so long (and actually is again, but the maxi version is available!). I loved it so I waited for it to be re-stocked to try it on...unfortunately, it was still a little too big/boxy on me and I was really looking for something more body hugging. As I’ve mentioned previously, I prefer this when it comes to maternity styles…in my mind, there’s no reason we should hide our bump or the rest of our shape. With that said, I ended up choosing this half sleeve style (in light blue, of course!) and was very happy with it. 

SHOP MY SHOWER LOOK:









P.S. If you're still hunting for a maternity occasion dress, here are a few of the other runners-up I debated on and off...they're all so beautiful! 

SHOP OCCASION DRESSES:



And because this outtake is too good not to share...Damn wind! Would have been a fun shot :)


Overjoyed and overwhelmed, all at once!
Can't believe we're about to become Mom & Dad...Eek!!

Let the adventure begin... 

Wearing:

Shoes: Splendid c/o ShopBop
Earrings: Francesca's (old), similar
Bracelet: Alex & Ani
Lipstick: Butter London - Loved Up


No comments:

Post a Comment