Friday, May 27, 2016

Little White Dress


My collection of dresses continues to grow each year, as Summer is my favorite season and I really look forward to those days of “throwing on & going.” During the Winter months, so much time is spent on coordinating multiple pieces of an outfit: Your base layer, sweater/knit, socks, second pair of socks, jeans, scarf, boots, first jacket, puffer jacket, and so on. This is time consuming and tiring...No, seriously, how inconvenient is that process? I LOVE being able to pick out a beautiful dress, only worrying about which sandals and sunnies will go best ;)

Over time, I have become more careful with my dress purchases, taking the time to consider staple pieces vs. current trends and what will last me into next year and beyond. This dress from LOFT is special because I wore it to my wedding rehearsal dinner (almost 3 years ago...OMG guys! When did that happen? I’m now as you kids say, married AF.) My Mom and I had gone shopping together for some Wedding-related items and both of our eyes lit up when we saw this little white dress. I loved the elegant collar, jeweled detail and cinched waist…it’s flattering, chic and in my mind, timeless. 

I hadn't worn it much since and figured it was a perfect choice for the Sole Society happy hour – a kickoff to Summer and 3 more months of wearing as many white dresses as possible! Is anyone else currently obsessed?











Have you picked up a LWD yet this season?

Wearing:

Dress: LOFT (old but love this style with a similar neckline)
Jacket: J. Crew
Shoes: Just Fab (old but similar here)
Sunnies: DITTO - Get your first month free using code "SISTERSMARIE"
Bag: c/o Sole Society

No comments:

Post a Comment