Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Spy DIY

IMG_2324
I went to the I Spy DIY book signing at Anderson's Books in Naperville and got to meet Jenni too! It was such a fun time as we started 2 DIY projects and made earrings and friendship bracelets on leather wrist wraps. (Check out my full blog post of this night over on Stilettos and Diaper Bags.)

IMG_2343
I am smitten with this book and keep it on my coffee table. I constantly flip through it and think "I can make that!" So here I am getting my DIY on...

I found this project over on her site and since I had what you needed to make it already in my home, I figured I'd start with this one (no worries, I WILL be doing projects out of her book too! And yes I will share them with you ;)


jewelrytools
You really only need 2 items, wire and 1 tool! (I used a second tool to help squeeze the wire without leaving too many marks on it.)


jewerlymaking
I followed the steps right from her website and it took me all of 5 minutes to complete this ring!


diyring
Super cute, right?! It was so fun that I had to make Kaitlyn one too! I find myself wearing this ring way too much. It probably cost all of .35 to make and like I said, just 5 minutes of my time. Jenni, you are brilliant! Love your ideas and can't wait to try more of your DIY projects.


#Lisa

2 comments: