Monday, April 6, 2015

Blogging Confessions: Volume 2

Meet & Greet: The name of my 6th grade assignment that was meant to serve as a time capsule of sorts for years down the road. The task of cleaning under the bed improves greatly when you stumble upon hidden gems like this, something I hadn't seen in years but as I read through, made me feel like I just wrote it yesterday. Pages are filled with my life story (up until age 13), family stories, a team sport photos and epic collages like this. Poke fun at BBMak and Ashley Angel all you want, but Center Stage is a classic).



In one of the chapters, I shared my plans for the future.I'm not sure what I love more - The fact that in 6th grade I considered fashion "my forte" or that even as a 12 year old, I valued the art of making time for yourself (and watching TV, apparently). 

After I read much of this book, I was torn between feeling happy from all the nostalgia and slightly disappointed because seemingly, I'm still very much the same person I was 16 years ago.



But then I realized, it's like I already had a great idea of who I was and wanted to eventually be. I reflected on my favorite family traditions including Christmas and our trips to Disney World, still two of my favorite things in life.

I mentioned my heroes, my parents, which is a feeling that has only grown over time. At the time, they were my guardians and while they still hold that title, they have also claimed the role of best friends.

I noted my thoughts on friendship which at the time meant, "having fun, being honest with each other and treating others the way you want to be treated. You have to know who you can trust." These elementary school words of wisdom apply not only to my best friendships today but also to the world of blogging. We all know that without the support of one another, there is no progress set in motion.

Lastly, it's important to note how much I've always appreciated everything I have. I wrote,"I hope when my children and grandchildren read this, they will see how much I enjoyed writing my story and I hope they realize what a good life I have lived." 

Since then, life has only become more wonderful and these days, I'm just sharing a very similar story in a slightly different way...with a few more readers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment