Thursday, May 21, 2015

Florals Dressed Up & Down + a Rock & Swap!

Last month Kaitlyn showed us how to dress up and down her floral Old Navy dress. When I found it in my most recent swap bag, I decided I wanted to do my take on the same concept. After all, this fitted shift dress has so many possibilities! 

For my daytime outfit, I decided to layer over the dress with a light chambray shirt. I still wanted to look a bit dressy as I had two meetings this day, so I added a statement necklace and my favorite new navy sandals.

 photo IMG_2587_zps0kuebwfo.jpg  photo IMG_2591_zpsegiwsnq8.jpg  photo IMG_2589_zpszakzmyn2.jpg

I had to add my wooden watch because it just gives every outfit a little something extra. This outfit felt put together yet still current and fun. Why even get dressed if you're not having fun with it, you know?

 photo IMG_2592_zpslkwqmpof.jpg  photo IMG_2588_zpscwer9adw.jpg
Dress: Old Navy (similar) // Chambray Top: JC Penny // Bag: ShopBop // Shoes: Sole Society // Necklace & Bracelet: Rocksbox (get 1st month FREE using code sistersmariexoxo at checkout!) // Sunglasses: Prada // Watch: Wooden Watches by Jord // Bracelet: Lokai 

I took photos of what I had worn all day then decided to mix it up a bit! For my nighttime outfit, I added a faux leather skirt over the dress. Because of it's fitted style, it held in place and I didn't have to keep adjusting myself.

 photo IMG_2598_zps6fv8hyhw.jpg  photo IMG_2601_zpsfiwzykod.jpg

I've had these wedges for 3 years now and they are still my favorite 7 inch wedges. Yes, I have favorite different height shoes...but I digress ;)

 photo IMG_2606_zpsw2jt2fzr.jpg  photo IMG_2599_zps4tp58xls.jpg

By adding the fringe bag, round frame sunglasses, and the long fringe necklace, the look was complete for a dinner out.

 photo IMG_2600_zpsriwrx9od.jpg
Dress: Old Navy // Skirt: Piperlime (similar) // Shoes: Sole Society // Sunglasses: MNG by Mango // Necklace: Urban Outfitters // Bag: JustFab // Bracelet: Rocksbox // Watch: Fossil 

Below are all four of our looks...
I love seeing how one dress can be dressed up and down so many different ways!
 photo remix_zpsxwguzadl.jpg

I can't wait to see what happens next with the styling of this dress! Your turn, Kaitlyn! ;)

What do you think of our day-to-night remix?  How would you style this dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment