Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Prepp(ing) for Memorial Day


I was talking to my co-worker the other day about how the sunshine and anticipation of summer events can affect your mood, especially for those of us who tough it out in the Midwest. Just knowing there was a 3 day weekend coming up means I am no longer hitting the snooze button on a Monday morning but instead, hopping out of bed, enjoying my morning routine and riding to work with the windows down...and loving my Spotify premium trial...I'm such a sucker because now I'm hooked! How else can I listen to old school BSB whenever I want? (Priorities). 


With Memorial Day weekend around the corner, I am feeling good and ready to kick of summer in the city...and the woods, as we're heading north this weekend for much needed family time at the lake. I wasted no time breaking out the anchor print pants, straw hat and boating knot bracelet in anticipation of that moment I am sitting by the water with my favorite people. 

P.S. last time I styled these printed pants, it was around the exact same time of year...I am nothing if not a creature of habit ;) 






P.S. I am loving these sunnies from ZeroUV...they're actually my husband's but the minute I tried them on, I tried to convince him they looked better on me. Not too sure he's convinced, so I ordered a few pairs of my own ;) The prices are so on point which is great for somebody who loses sunglasses ALL THE TIME (and my Fitbit, apparently...why did anyone ever think this model was a good idea? Fail.) 




Top: H&M (similar) | Pants: Old Navy (shop similar prints) | Blazer: Forever 21 | Shoes: Just Fab | Bag: It Luggage
Hat: Forever 21 (similar) | Sunnies: ZeroUV | Anchor knot bracelet: Evelyn Jane | Watch: T+J Designs

Now, let's get this show on the road!

What are your Memorial Day Weekend plans? 

1 comment: