Thursday, June 18, 2015

Rocked it & Swapped it (Gettin' Shifty with it!)

This #rockandswap is dedicated to the shift dress, one of our favorite summer staples. It's plain and simple...we love this style for its minimalist appeal because it's so easy to look chic in a shift, especially in black or white which provides a great canvas for delicate jewels. Not to mention, they are super comfortable which is key when it's 90 degrees out...nobody wants to be dealing with spankx life when we're sweating (Amen?)

Lastly and most importantly, they are flattering on all body types. The trick is to get a good fit on top let the dress skim your body, not double as a potato sack...that's when our men start to really question our style choices ;)


I love the way Lisa styled this shift dress because I probably would have never thought to pair it with suede knee-high boots but with the coordinating bag, it works perfectly. When I wore it, I styled it down for an alfresco lunch by the pier at the lake


And in honor of  #ThrowbackThursday, a little r&s from 2012 featuring this shift dress from Threadsence. This is one of those pieces that earns a permanent place in the closet because it never goes out of style and can be styled so many different ways to keep it fresh and interesting. 

Lisa's casual summer style is still spot on in current trends thanks to a mint bag and her sunnies of choice. As for my styling of the dress, well, it makes me slightly sad because I lost that jean jacket and it was absolute favorite. I wore it with everything...not that that's changed with my replacement but still...some things fit just right. You know what I mean? It's been years since I lost it and I STILL miss it, wondering where it is and who is wearing it now..anyone else ever get attached to a piece of clothing? 

See even more ways Lisa styled this shift mini and let us know...do you have a go-to shift style?

No comments:

Post a Comment