Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Speaking Flamingo Lingo


I am constantly in awe of how changing up your personal style can impact your confidence and surprise you in ways you don't expect. I rarely, if ever, have dabbled in any retro wear because it always felt so out of my element. I typically prefer more modern looks but the second I put on this dress, I felt comfortable in it and knew immediately it had to be paired with these yellow heels...I love all the bright colors together and with the addition of the umbrella, I felt like I was walking across the stage in Hello Dolly. Let me tell you, not all of my clothes are this much fun ;) 

This dress is not only crossing style lines but it's even better because it was made special for me by eShakti. So often when we purchase clothes and we wish we could fix something about it...whether it's the perfect pair of flared denim that's too long or a a must-have dress that fits right everywhere else but the waist is too large. It's expensive to tailor all your clothes so why not start with the right fit in the first place? eShakti customizes their clothing before shipping so you can choose your neckline, sleeve or length that works best for your body. When they reached out to us 2 years ago, I was so excited to hear there was a brand who took the time to recognize that a standard size 6 dress doesn't look the same on all size 6 women. We are all shaped differently so it's to our benefit to be able to modify as we see fit. With this style, I chose to raise the hemline a bit...I like my dresses to hit above the knee (unless it's a maxi, obvi), so with that update, it was just how I like it.

Now is a great time to customize your own piece because we're giving you 10% off your order!
Use code "sistersmarie" in the promo box, valid 04/18 – 05/18







Seriously though guys, how Streisand in sequins am I with this gorgeous umbrella? The generous team at Brelli reached out to us about their hand-made line of biodegradable umbrellas which are great in the rain but also block 99% of SUV rays which was the clincher for me. Post dog-bite, I am have become much more conscious about protecting my face and I have strict orders to keep it covered in SPF at all times if I'm in the sun (which is ALWAYS when it's out) so I felt like this collaboration came at a perfect time. I will absolutely keep this by my side this season whether I'm at the beach or on the boat...that way, I can still enjoy the sunshine without worrying about doing any damage to my healing scars. Plus...it's ADORABLE. Right!? 




How often do you change up your style? 
What piece from your closet would you customize if you could?


Wearing:

Custom dress: eShakti (currently sold out but I also like this flamingo style!)
Heels: c/o Sole Society
Umbrella: c/o Brelli
Clutch: Shoedazzle (THIS would also be perfect with this look!)
Sunnies: Zero UV (sold out but very similar here)
Earrings: T+J Designs
Bracelet: c/o Park Lane Jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment