Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Lost Summer | Cabi Clothing Dress

This was not your typical Summer. Actually, if we're being honest, it didn't feel like much of a Summer at all, at least to me. I look forward to these 3 months all year long and at this point, I'm just ready to move on and begin a new season. That's not to say it was a bad Summer - After all, it gave us the most special experience and the love of our lives...but it certainly was different. 

I began the Summer 8 months pregnant (was getting hot and uncomfortable just about then, guys!) and kicked off the month of June with my husbands ACL+Meniscus repair surgery. This was a big undertaking (and would have been even if I wasn't preggo) and didn't allow him to do much, especially for those first 3-4 weeks -- Netflix bingeing was never so real. So between the two of us, we were a sad pair, with neither of us getting around very well and our regular Summer activities being out of the question (boating, swimming, running, wine tasting (RIP), biking,  movies in the park, etc.). It's quite a long recovery, as he is still going to physical therapy and will be working on returning to "normal" for a while but he has handled the whole process like such a champ. 

On top of that, my Aunt who is very special to me had major brain surgery and experienced many more complications than our Family anticipated so it put quite a bit of a strain and worry on everyone for a larger part of the Summer. Her conditions changed on a daily basis so we constantly felt on edge when the phone would ring or a text would come through. We are all very close and something like this easily has the power to disrupt our regular scheduled programming in many ways. However, I am very happy to report she is getting stronger every day and I am so proud of her perseverance.

And if I can just be selfish and honest for a second, I just had a large case of FOMO all the time. It was hard to watch everyone in their cute swimsuits spending days poolside or going out on a beautiful night for drinks while I was excluded from so many of these things, continuing to feel like I was in somebody else's body and watching the precious Summertime pass by. Social media didn't make this any easier...I mean, how many Swan float photos does it take to stir up a pregnant lady's emotions? 😂  Please understand - I don't want to sound like a bitter Betty because I am grateful for so much, especially over the last few weeks. I just wanted to acknowledge that everything isn't always picture perfect. Sometimes, we have to be patient and wait for the next car on thrill ride or in this case, Fall...


 
Thanks for letting me vent a bit!
 Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week Xo

Wearing:

Dress: Cabi Clothing
Purse: Swap Party 
Sunnies: Old Navy
Bracelet & Earrings: c/o Park Lane Jewelry
Shoes: c/o Just Fab
Lipstick: Bite

No comments:

Post a Comment