Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Purple Rain, Purple Rain




Do you ever get dressed while you're listening to music, then look at yourself in the mirror only to realize it's a bit "on the nose"? That's exactly what happened on this day while I was listening to Prince. Before I knew it I was in a purple dress paired with a purple eyeshadow color pallete and lip color. The only thing I could do was chuckle! I mean....if you can't laugh at yourself. 

On this day, my hubby and I went on a breakfast date. Hiring a sitter isn't always in the budget, so lately we have been trying to get creative. Then it dawned on us, since he was using a few vacation days off work, couldn't we just go out while the kids were at school? Yes we can! And that's just what we did.  



I paired my purple dress with my go-to OTK slouchy boots. Because it was cooler in the morning, I added an oversized denim jacket and wool hat. In the end, this outfit was perfect for our early date and as it warmed up that day, I ditched the jacket, hat, and boots. The outfit took on an entirely new look throughout the day and I loved it. Fashion can so be fun if you let it! 



Dress: Zufal (old) // Boots: c/o Sole Society // Bag: Gigi New York // Hat: Gap (similar
Necklace: c/o Park Lane Jewelry // Jacket: c/o Silver Jeans

What do you think of my purple on purple look? Do you ever dress to music and come out more influnced then your realized? Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment