Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Dress Like a Mom...in a Good Way

You know that feeling when you come across something and wonder where it's been all your life? I felt that way when I started dating my husband, when I finally gave in to trying coffee and most recently, when I visited Evereve for the first time. I only learned about the store after I asked Lisa where she got this outfit (because I adored the t-shirt!) and wondered why I hadn't heard of it before now. Perhaps it was because I've only been a Mom for a little over 3 months and guys, this is THE place for making helping Mom's feel confident, even on those days where spit up is our only accessory (which is every day, by the way). The Evereve story is pretty awesome. If you aren't familiar, let me fill you in:
The brand was developed by Megan Tamte who loved her role as a stay-at-home Mom but was looking to challenge herself and channel what she loved about Motherhood into something bigger. Megan spent 8 years envisioning a fashion brand for Moms and in 2004, she opened her first store in Minnesota which has now grown in 80 stores across the country. EIGHTY STORES...all because she started taking long drives and utilizing them as brainstorming sessions to fuel her big ideas...

"I love my family fiercely, but I lost a little bit of myself. I was also struggling with my fashion to be honest—I felt like a frumpy mom who didn’t have time for herself. I went out seeking a shopping experience and I came home feeling less beautiful." - Megan

What sets Evereve apart is the experience - what it feels like to shop there, the help a mom can expect from attentive and sympathetic staff, the gentle nudge she might be looking for before she finally tries on that pair of skinny jeans. (I can definitely vouch for this! The gals at the Oakbrook store were SO helpful!). Between balancing playdates and date nights, work and weekends, the daily routine and your dreams, there is a trendy meets classic outfit for each situation and this is the place to find it.


I visited the store with my Mom and my sweet little man and I was taken aback with how welcome the store's stylists made us feel. My Mom was so helpful in watching Ro while I perused the store (which I could have done for hours!) and they helped her find the comfy seating/kids play area in the back complete with snacks and waters. They were able to hang out there while I headed to the dressing room to try on a few (thousand) things. 


Ladies, I had a VERY hard time narrowing down what was actually going to come home with me because I loved everything so much. I tested so many of the Fall-Winter trends including velvet, ruffles, high-waisted denim, leopard, florals and so on. My absolute FAVORITE piece was this floral embroidered mini skirt...I loved it when I spotted it on the hanger and even more when I tried it on. 

Here is how I styled it for a date with my husband and I may repeat this exact look for Thanksgiving...









Have you shopped at Evereve before? 
What are some of your favorite stores to visit in person? (Like the old days 😜)

Wearing: 

Sweater, Jacket, Skirt & Necklace: c/o Evereve
OTK boots
Beanie Beret: Old - Similar
Purse: Old - Similar


This post was created in collaboration with Evereve. All statements and opinions are my own.
Thanks for supporting the brands that make Sisters Marie possible! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment