Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Lakeside Style | Striped Cabi Cardigan


I can't believe Memorial Day weekend has come and gone. From here on out, Summer always seems to fly by but for now, I am letting it all sink in because there's so much going on in our life right now. After standing up in a best friend's wedding on Saturday, the Family packed up the car and headed to the lake for a few days of R&R. Our annual Memorial Day visit typically includes many seasonal firsts: The first inaugural boat ride, the first visit to our regular ice cream shop, and the first time we fire up the s’more pit in the backyard. This time around, we added a few new activities including hitting up the driving range together (usually reserved for a boys outing but we all wanted to stay together) and a trip to the coffee shop for muffins and plant shopping. It was such a fun day and a beautiful weekend filled with sunshine.

This season also marks another exciting first, as my husband and I begin the real countdown to  welcome home the little man (just 9 weeks to go!). It will surely be a different kind of Summer than we're used to, but one with so many significant memories just waiting to be made. I am looking forward to things like our first stroller ride, first warm night on our deck together, and baby's first trip the Farmer's Market -- The lack of sleep though? Not as high on my list ;) 


Style wise, there’s nothing more appropriate for a lakeside weekend than nautical stripes and the combination of white and navy so I wasted no time adding this nautical-esque Cardigan to my wardrobe. I adore the long length, especially for warm days turned into cold nights. I paired it with the softest t-shirt ever and the ankle wrap sandals for a comfortable yet put together ensemble. Cheers to new adventures this Summer, both in style and life! 

P.S. I am nothing if not a repeat offender - Check out this look I styled for Memorial Day a few years ago...not to mention, I shot these photos in the same area around my house. What my neighbors must think... ;) 






Hope everyone enjoyed the long holiday weekend! Xo


Wearing:

Cardigan: c/o Cabi
T-Shirt: c/o Cabi
Pants: Jessica Simpson - Destination Maternity
Sandals: c/o Cabi
Hat: c/o J. Jill
Sunnies: Old Navy
Necklace: c/o Cabi
Bag: Old - Similar here

No comments:

Post a Comment