Friday, December 29, 2017

Best Looks of 2017: Kaitlyn

Though there are many things that have happened this year, it almost feels like everything outside of my pregnancy was a blur. On one hand, it seems like forever ago that I was pregnant, counting down the days until I could meet my son (and let's be honest, return to my normal clothes) but on the other, I can't believe how fast time has gone. Ro is going to be 5 months old in a few days and it's not too long ago that I felt his flutter kicks inside my belly. How does that happen?! It's true what they say -- Some of the days are pretty long but the years are short. With each of his new milestones and tricks, I wish for it to slow down and knowing that's not an option, try to take a permanent mental image of each one so I'll always remember how he looked.

I am going into 2018 feeling unbelievably blessed. 

My son is such a wonderful, healthy and special baby who is genuinely happy and spends the majority of each day smiling, giggling, blowing bubbles and exploring his world. I will never stop being amazed that he lived inside of me and now is flourishing right alongside me, learning from my husband and I every moment. I am so lucky to be his Mom.

I am grateful to work for a small, unique business who supports the work/life balance which is so important to me. Luckily, they make it as easy as possible to be "two places at once" and while it's certainly a challenge to be 100% present in both roles, I'm working on it. 

I am relieved that all of our Family members made it through their tough health scares this year including an uncertain brain surgery and long ACL recovery. Watching loved ones go through these downs is hard and takes a toll on your mind (and body) but certainly makes the ups even more special. 

And in terms of 2017 fashion...

It definitely wasn't my favorite but was certainly one of the most memorable. As I mentioned to you guys more than a few times, I wasn't the biggest fan of maternity wear and really, it wasn't for any other reason except for me feeling slightly like an alien in my own body. I must say -- I had a great, complication-free pregnancy, gained an appropriate amount of weight and lost most of it fairly quickly so I shouldn't complain. I think so MUCH was changing during those 9 months and not being able to control my body made it even harder. That said, I did my best to still feel "fashionable" and as much like myself as possible and I am really thankful for all of the cute maternity options available to women these days -- Things have definitely improved since my Mom was pregnant with me! 😂


Here's a look back at 12 of my favorite outfit posts of 2017:


JANUARY
post
JANUARY (2)
post
FEBRUARY
post

MARCH
post
APRIL
post
MAY
post
JUNE
post

JULY
post
AUGUST
post
SEPTEMBER
post
OCTOBER
post
NOVEMBER
post
DECEMBER
post
What was your favorite outfit? If you're interested, you can check out all of my maternity looks here
Thanks for reading and supporting Sisters Marie all year long! 
I look forward to some new and exciting changes in 2018 :) 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment