Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Perfect Layering Piece

 photo Fall-2_zpsg1tc2kg1.jpg  photo Fall-4_zpsvlizjbmr.jpg  photo Fall-6_zpsbcth6juu.jpg  photo Fall-7_zpsdavputt4.jpg

I am forever on the hunt for great layering pieces. They make mornings easier (hello grab and go), and can effortlessly mix and match with anything in your wardrobe. When I spotted this long hooded cardigan at J.Jill, I knew I could not only style it with active-wear, but also everyday wear. How have I never owned a piece like this? It sure seems like a wardrobe staple to me! 

 On this day, skinny jeans and a ribbed turtleneck tee were just the thing for grabbing lunch and coffee in a neighboring town. I was all too excited to add this long cardigan but wanted to give it a bit of a twist. By adding this great wrap belt I gave myself more of a defined waistline and a pop of color with the bold lip. In the end, I added leopard print wedges and suddenly the outfit had a bit of attitude (the good kind that is). 

 photo Fall-5_zpsgmznj0ff.jpg  photo Fall-3_zpshlv59ts8.jpg  photo Fall-8_zpsv3m6f1te.jpg
Cardigan: c/o J.Jill // Top: c/o Style & Co. // Jeans: Old Navy // Belt: B-Low the Belt via Box of Style // Bag & Sunglasses: Coach // Shoes: Shoemint (similar) // Ring: House of Harlow 1960

What are your favorite layering pieces? What do you think of this long hooded cardigan?

No comments:

Post a Comment