Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Best of 2016: Kaitlyn's Style

With a new year right around the corner, it's normal to do some reflecting and usually, I am surprised how quickly the year went, almost in the blink of an eye. However, if I'm being honest, I feel like 2016 has worn out its welcome. 

That's not to say there haven't been some wonderful, memorable moments -- I turned 30, found happiness in yoga, went on a an amazing trip and exceeded my year end goals at work. On the other hand, I have negative feelings from this traumatic experience permanently stamped on this years package. I think it's what has made 2016 feel extra long...it happened in February, though it feels like ages ago and still creeps up every now and again so I'm officially ready to start a fresh chapter where that isn't part of the story. Not to mention, we all know it was such a turbulent, mentally exhausting year in media and politics. As we enter a very uncertain four years, there's one thing we can all acknowledge -- Being kind to one another is more important than ever.

When it comes to personal style, it was actually my favorite year yet. Looking back on the collection of outfits I put together is a true reflection of how I was feeling throughout the year -- More open to trying new things (aka obsessing over one piece swim suits!) and stepping out of my comfort zone (pinstripe jumpsuit, anyone?). It was a year of color, mixing prints and dressing for Fall, as it was the best one we've ever had in the midwest.

Here's a look back at 12 of my favorite outfits:

JANUARY
(source)
FEBRUARY
(source)


MARCH
(source)


APRIL
(source)


MAY
(source)
JUNE
(source)
JULY
(source)
AUGUST
(source)
SEPTEMBER
(source)
OCTOBER
(source)
NOVEMBER
(source)
DECEMBER
(source)
What were your most memorable moments of 2016?
Which look is your favorite?
Check out my 2015 year in review here, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment